Thursday, March 26, 2009

i became overwhelmed tonight, more overwhelmed than i've been in a long time. no worries-- this isn't a "i'm-super-stressed-about-my-future, i-have-no-idea-what-is-going-on, i-have-WAY-too-much-to-do" kind of overwhelmed.

i became overwhelmed with the utter beauty of my Lord tonight. between crazy weeks filled with commitments and then the lovely sickness of this past week, i haven't been left with much of an opportunity to attend an actual service lately. i guess i hadn't realized how much my spirit had been longing for it. as i worshipped, singing words relaying my absolute poverty and need for Jesus, i felt the Lord ever-so-near.

every now and again, i am ashamed to admit, it hits me: He died for me. He sent His Son for me. Jesus suffered for me. what have I ever done to deserve such a sacrifice? nothing. and most of the time, i don't even convey my gratitude. it should never have to "hit" me that i possess the precious gift of salvation and all the anguish and tears and pain that went into offering it to me. in those moments, i see my dirtiness and brokenness again and am filled anew with humility and gratitude. my Jesus is absolutely beautiful.

thank You for reminding me of how You love me, Lord, and thank You for redemption. thank You for offering me the invaluable and precious, sacrificial and holy gift of salvation.

0 comments: