Friday, November 6, 2009

love your neighbors.

taking stella out to potty is not my favorite task and i know it will only get worse as the cold winter months come our way...but i have to admit it's a bit exciting when we walk out the front door of ben's apartment because we never know if the skittish, wandering kitty will be napping behind the nearby bush. stella particularly enjoys pursuing the cat, dragging me along by her leash.

upon my arrival from work a few nights ago, ben says, "i may or may not have set some milk out for a cat that may or may not exist." great. i enjoy watching stella take off after the cat while ben encourages it's stay.

fast forward to last night's humorous conversation.
ben (after taking stella out): "the kitty drank all the milk."
me: "yeah, i saw the empty bowl."
ben: "i'm going to go feed our cat again."
me: "ben..."
ben: "well what's the poor cat going to do during the winter?! it's going to starve to death!"
me (feeling a bit of compassion): "are you planning on making this cat ours?"
ben (as i hear the refrigerator door creak open): "no..."
me: what kind of milk are you giving her? (skim and whole are both in the fridge.)
ben: whole! straight from the teat!
me: ahahahahaha.

i love that man. i may not be very fond of the cat that may soon become ours, but i do adore that man. i suppose i have a few more things to learn about what it really means to "love your neighbor"... :)

1 comments:

Katie said...

looks like your little family is growing much quicker than the two of you planned ;) let's catch up soon!