Wednesday, February 9, 2011

it's okay to just be sad sometimes, right? because today i'm sad. just so, so sad. i've been sad most days in recent months it seems...and it's getting harder and harder to truly believe that God sees my situation and cares. but i know that i know that i know that God is good, that He is faithful, that He has seen me through a lot of tough situations in life. sometimes i lay in bed at night and wonder if everything difficult i went through growing up was preparation for this most difficult time. had i not been made strong, not learned to believe that there is light at the end of tunnels, i'm sure i would have broken down long before now. but God, here i am in my brokenness...i'm wholly surrendered to You. please see me through my darkest hour and help me know You are near. give me strength because i have none and help me to believe that You are enough. i want for You to be enough.

2 comments:

Kristen McG said...

praying Isaiah 26:3 for you today, friend.
God is near to the brokenhearted (psa 35:18)... hold tightly to Him.
love you!

Chris and Kath Sloan said...

Love you Stacey! And miss you. And, praying for you today. Whatever you are going through, the fact that you can still see the goodness of God is beautiful! and he is good, this we know!! Even though it's hard to cling to that sometimes! We love you guys!