Friday, January 18, 2008

what a looooong day.

Today has seemingly been going on forever...I was up early to go to lab and it's going to prove to be a late night. An exam and a quiz tomorrow and lovely VCE's...argh. I'm thrilled. Ha. Still, I'm joyful. I'm pretty sure not a whole lot could ruin my mood right now. Even though I am at a precipice and have no clue what life has in store, I am excited. I'm looking in the face of opposition and screaming, "Bring it on!" :) It's a good feeling.

Three beautiful things of the day:
1. Lab this morning-- I learned lots of good new nursing skills! I'm totally out of my league and this semester is going to make a fool of me, but I'm looking forward to the experience, even if I feel stupid sometimes.
2. A phone conversation with my mom about India. What a blessing...
3. My new favorite song, "Carried to the Table" by Leeland. I'll post lyrics down below. It has become my mantra lately...He has healed me and I no longer need to be ashamed--He hides my brokenness. I couldn't ask for anything better in life than Him.

Wounded and forsaken
I was shattered by the fall
Broken and forgotten
Feeling lost and all alone
Summoned by the King
Into the Master’s courts
Lifted by the Savior
And cradled in His arms

I was carried to the table
Seated where I don’t belong
Carried to the table
Swept away by His love
And I don’t see my brokenness anymore
When I’m seated at the table of the Lord
I’m carried to the table
The table of the Lord

Fighting thoughts of fear
And wondering why He called my name
Am I good enough to share this cup
This world has left me lame
Even in my weakness
The Savior called my name
In His Holy presence
I’m healed and unashamed

You carried me, my God
You carried me

0 comments: