Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I should be writing my grad paper that's due in t-47 hours and counting. Honestly, the only time I really log on to Blogger is when I have my laptop and I'm procrastinating. It's usually late, hubs is in bed, and I have time to peruse the Internet at my leisure with no one to tell me that I should be sleeping ;) Who cares if I have physical therapy at 7:45 in the morning? And work tomorrow evening? And still have to write my grad paper before all that happens? Ha. Night shift has prepared me well for little sleep...and a totally whacked out sleeping schedule, but that's beside the point.

So you know that last post about not having a house? We got an accepted offer on a bank-owned home here in Carmel a week later. The thing is, we still haven't closed. It's been pushed back twice now with no end in sight, so Ben and I have started looking elsewhere. We've found a few homes we like and are going to see one later today (We looked at four on Saturday!). We have to make a decision within the next few days if we don't want to be homeless at the end of June!!! So big prayers for that. Otherwise I'm sure we have a few friends that might let us borrow a bedroom for a week or so :)

SUMMER IS HERE! I couldn't be happier. I got in my swimsuit for the first time this year and let the sun give me a little burn :) I had to read for school, but it was glorious because I got to do it by the pool. Anything in life is better in the sunshine by the pool. It really is amazing how much better my mood gets when it's warm outside. If it weren't for my family, I'd be long gone from Indiana by now!

"I don't know what You're doing, but I know who You are" continues to be fitting. I love people. I love when I get to be a part of their lives, to walk beside them through all of life's circumstances. But as much joy as it can bring, walking with people can be painful too. I'm so thankful God designed us to be in community though, to carry one another's burdens. I grow so much and get to praise God for answered prayers more often. It doesn't seem fair many times, what people have to go through, but I'm thankful that I know who He is and can trust Him.

1 comments:

Kaley said...

I love this post. I really do pray that everything works out for you two.