Thursday, March 13, 2008

i'm holding on...

I feel broken today. I felt broken yesterday. In fact, I've felt broken this whole stinking week. Housing brings out the ugliest in people. We'll leave it at that. But now that I've done the damage, I've dealt the blows, I've unnecessarily taken responsibility for things that I cannot control, it's over. I may have severed a few friendships along the way...In fact, I'm fairly sure I did, but time heals all wounds. I'm tired. I'm tired of feeling guilty all the time and I'm tired of letting that guilt run my life. I lost my way for a while, but I had not forgotten my way back home. I'm simply getting there now.

three beautiful things:
1. sunshine
2. flip-flops
3. 81-year old Latino women :)


The broken clock is a comfort
It helps me sleep tonight
Maybe it can stop tomorrow
From stealing all my time
And I am here still waiting
Though I still have my doubts
I am damaged at best
Like you've already figured out

I'm falling apart
I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart
That's still beating
In the pain
There is healing
In your name
I find meaning
So I'm holding on
I'm barely holding on to you

I'm hanging on another day
Just to see what, you will throw my way
And I'm hanging on, to the words you say
You said that I will, will be okay
The broken light on the freeway
Left me here alone
I may have lost my way now
But I haven't forgotten my way home

0 comments: