Saturday, March 29, 2008

what a great day today...i amaze myself sometimes at how easily entertained i am. ha. i got good sleep last night (thanks to my muscle relaxer! the fibro has been acting up lately...) and was so productive! i hung around in my pj's until 3:15 this afternoon, finally showered, and then headed off to the student center to study with tiff. i finished all three of my papers today!!! YAY! that means i only have to study for my med/surg test tomorrow. i could not be more thrilled! spending time with her was maybe not as productive as it could have been, but i just love the time we have together. tiff might be one of the most amazing people i have ever met and i am so fortunate to call her my friend. it only makes me sad that we don't see each other as much as i would like. i'm impressed by her maturity, insight, modesty, and love for Jesus. i learn so much from that girl and hope to forever call her my friend.
after my last post on thursday night, i did a bit of reading (sex god by rob bell--good read) and went to bed. i was so encouraged and joyful as i fell asleep, but possibly had one of the worst nights of sleep in a long time. i experienced terrible dreams, was never able to fall into a deep sleep, and woke up feeling completely discouraged. i am not entirely sure it's possible for satan to send someone dreams, but the ones i was having left me feeling spiritually attacked. i hopped out of bed and immediately went to turn on some third day worship music...i just needed to be surrounded by Jesus. i blared it in my bedroom at 8 am (i'm sure my suitemates love me!) and then in the bathroom as i showered and got ready that morning. i was able to shake it eventually, but was really glad that God allowed me to recognize the attack and then delivered me from it as i prayed. i very likely could have spent the whole day in a funk and moody just because of some horrible dreams. i just kept saying, "i am more than a conqueror, i am more than a conqueror..." and made satan get behind me. there is certainly power in the name of Christ! :)

well, now i'm on-duty and off to watch enchanted with bethany and tiff...just wanted to give a quick update!

three beautiful things:
-catching up with friends!
-being productive!
-sleeping in!

0 comments: