Thursday, March 27, 2008

thankful.

goodness, i am thankful. i serve one amazing God and He loves me. it is not as if something miraculous has happened or that i'm on a mountaintop...i'm just realizing more and more everyday how much credit i cannot take for the place He has brought me to. i am lost. i wander a lot. i am broken and messy and ugly from the inside out. but He loves me and He called me and justified me and provides for my every need. because of that, i have joy. i am humbled as i stare into His magnificence.

we celebrated easter this past weekend-- i traveled home to speak at church about india. wow. i was nervous, but kept praying philippians 4 in my head over and over and over again. the response was more than i could have imagined. i don't have anyone knocking on my door offering to fund my trip or people knocking me down to hear all about it, but that wasn't the point in speaking. when i returned to school some said, "so financially?" i have $10 from a latino man at church that i've never seen (which brought me to tears) to go toward the $2750 it will cost. other than that, i'm at a loss. but i am resting in His presence and am simply thankful that He led me to share so that i know this trip is covered in prayer. it's a victory for me that i can honestly say i'm at a point in my life where the prayer is more important to me. it's a victory that i can say i have been freed from the fears and doubts that not having the money created. God is big and sovereign and $2750 is nothing to Him. i'm just so thankful that i have a peace about the ministry He has laid upon my heart and that in that peace there is knowledge that He will bless it and open my eyes to see His Kingdom here on earth.

0 comments: