Friday, May 23, 2008

Lord,

I am overwhelmed with your goodness tonight. I asked this morning that you would place an ever appreciative heart in me, that I would never ever forget what you have rescued me from or the incredible sacrifice you made. You were so faithful to that prayer today...

Thank you for your love for me. Thank you that you provide and that you bring encouragement and blessings in the moments I need them most. Thank you for preparing a way for me and for surrounding me with people that love you first. Thank you, Father, that you go to battle for me every single moment and that when I am weakest, your power is made perfect. Thank you that you choose to take a messy, broken vessel like me and use it to glorify you. Thank you that you call the brokenhearted to freedom and redemption. Thank you for granting words of wisdom and boldness in sticky life situations. Thank you for being bigger than every single one of those situations. Thank you for fellow believers and for the body of Christ and for opening my eyes to the incredible "team" and network that people have in common when they follow you. Thank you for your power and thank you for the victory. Thank you for sending Jesus not only so that I could have eternal life, but also so that I now have a life by which to measure my own-- thank you for sending him as the perfect example of a life lived in total submission to you.

God, I ask right now that you would continue preparing my heart as well as the hearts of Jess and Elizabeth to do your ministry in India. I pray that you would continue to go before us and prepare the hearts of the people we will be interacting with and that in some small way, our lives may point them to you. Continue to speak in HUGE ways and provide vision for the work that you have planned there and Lord, may the attacks of Satan prove futile. I ask for eyes and ears to see individual needs of people and then the enablement to help meet those needs. I pray for hearts that break at the plight of your people and an eternal perspective that takes us far outside ourselves. It is my prayer that we never become proud or haughty, but that we would continually be humbled at your feet and focused on you. Lord, I ask that you continue to bind our hearts together as one in your love. And Father, I ask that you would grant us a sensitivity to your Spirit, that we may be able to grow in knowledge and discernment and continually be molded into the women that you desire us to be. This ministry is yours...you get all the glory for it and I am just so thankful to be a part of it. Protect us as we go about our days tomorrow and may we be in constant fellowship with you.

I also pray for those that are supporting the ministry both through prayer and monetary means. Bless them abundantly, Lord, and may India stretch and grow them as well. I pray it would continue to touch lives and have a much wider scope and eternal impact than I could ever fathom.

You are an amazing God and I praise and thank you now. May you always be glorified. I love you.

0 comments: