Wednesday, April 23, 2008

finished.

well, i can't believe it. i am officially done with all my finals and my junior year of college. the time just keeps flying by and on nights like tonight, i wonder where in the world it all went. it was such a great feeling to finish up, but right now the thoughts of being a senior and missing all my graduating friends next year is leaving a bittersweet taste in my mouth...still, i was able to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL day. did some reading on a blanket outside with my friends, played sand volleyball, took a short nap, watched a movie, etc. i'm enjoying my free time.

on another note, meredith passed this morning. last night i was crying to susan about it actually, asking her why in the world my heart is breaking over this situation. meredith and i never even met! yet discovering that she went to be with her Savior this morning sent me over to the prayer chapel for the first time this year to just cry it out at the feet of my Jesus. i can't explain why i felt a connection to her or her life. maybe it was because she was so close to my age or maybe it was because i prayed and fasted for her all day saturday. maybe it was that she would never realize many of the hopes and dreams that she and many others had for her life or maybe it was simply because when i grow up, i want to live my life with such adandon, grace, and dignity. meredith was filled with Jesus to overflowing. that is my desire...i continue to lift her husband and family to the Lord in prayer and also my cousin lindsay as she is dealing with the death of one of her good friends. today was a day to celebrate concerning the existence of meredith, but i cannot deny the deep ache i know many will now have due to her earthly absence. she is rejoicing and complete and most likely basking in the glory and words of the Almighty God: "well done, my good and faithful servant."

may the things that cause your heart to break also break mine, Father.

0 comments: